Job order #2720: Chameleon Technologies is searching for a System Architect-Performance Engineering – Front End for a position in Dallas, TX. This is an environment unlike anything in the high-tech world and the secret of our success is the culture. The value we put on our employees is well documented in articles from a variety of publishers including Bloomberg and Forbes. Our employees and our members come FIRST.
The eCommerce performance engineering team is tasked to ensure the eCommerce B2B and B2C site (both US and Canada) is consistently delivering industry leading performance and a responsive site, whose performance is aligned to the service level objectives defined. The system architects will be working closely with the solution architects, infrastructure architects, engineers, development team, testing team, security, and other supplier partners, to ensure we are building the eCommerce site product which will deliver a stable, scalable, highly performing, responsive, and secure eCommerce site/ application.
The mission of System Architects would be to own the performance goals of all the products and platform services that are required for the success of our eCommerce B2B and B2C site (both US and Canada), our Android app, and our iOS app, to support velocity, efficiency, and quality assurance for the various technical initiatives. System architects are hyper focused on improving the performance and stability of our web properties and provide tools, checklists, and automation required for empowering developers, QA, SRE, engineering, and architecture teams to track and optimize desktop and mobile performance incessantly.
If you want to be a part of one of the BEST “to work for” companies in the world, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
- Analyzes and fine-tunes the front end/application so as to derive the best performance.
- Works on Android and IOS apps to ensure quality of new products and features through performance engineering.
- Works on JSP/Java code and backend Commerce application as needed and ensures quality of new products and features through performance engineering.
- Collaborates proactively with multiple distributed value streams, suppliers, service providers, and ensures product artifacts (stories, epics, features, acceptance criteria, etc.) that are pertinent for performance are delivered.
- Shifts Left Performance analysis in DevOps cycle —> Deliver Quality with velocity.
- Owns the performance goals of all the .com web components, Android mobile app and iOS app and all other channels of our web properties.
- Collaborates proactively with multiple distributed value streams, suppliers, service providers and ensures product artifacts (stories, epics, features, acceptance criteria, etc.) that are pertinent for platform performance are completed as planned.
- Builds roadmaps and lead prioritization; balance the right amount of structure and planning for a fast paced engineering team with many stakeholders.
- Partners closely with Business, Dev, SRE teams to identify the environment requirements for the performance goals of the projects and maintain an efficient CI/CD pipeline.
- Helps engineering teams establish and achieve software performance goals.
- Establishes consistency of performance measurement, observation, and tooling approaches.
- Develops, employs, and increases adoption of automated internal and external tools that help improve quality, improve performance, increase deploy frequency and enhance the overall platform experience.
- Contributes code to streamline performance and remove bottlenecks.
- 4+ years of Development Lead or System Architect or Solution Architect in ecommerce solutions.
- 10+ years’ of professional Information Technology experience delivering large-scale system solutions applications in large scale eCommerce applications.
- Strong understanding of browsers and application responsiveness for desktop as well as mobile (both Android and IOS).
- Ability to discern performance impact across the full stack, including web and mobile front end, caching layers, CDN and memory, file system, and relational databases.
- Passionate about optimizing performance bottlenecks.
- Excellent understanding of emerging web technologies to support the development of eCommerce website products.
- Experience in tackling problems of load, scale, and optimizations of large-scale deployments on high volume sites.
- Experience in finding the root cause of performance bottlenecks with profiling tools.
- Optimizing performance bottlenecks with strong analytical, problem-solving & decision making skills.
- Proven skills in leadership, collaboration, advocacy, governance, and consensus building.
- Proven ability to effectively mentor junior team members on design, website load modeling, programming, and testing techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical discipline
- Experience with site reliability engineering (SRE)
- Experience with distributed system architecture
- Experience delivering Azure cloud technology solutions or hybrid cloud solutions
- Experience with on premise SRE Observability and Monitoring services
- Strong backend and Database skills
- Good understanding of integration patterns, concepts, and best practices