Job #2743: Chameleon Technologies is searching for a System Architect for Site Reliability Services. This position is in Issaquah, WA. Site Reliability Services supports the overarching values and business of our Ecommerce and is tasked to ensure production readiness that is aligned to the service level objectives defined. The team specializes in reliability, scalability and performance characteristics of our platforms and services. The SRE team works together with architects, developers, engineering teams, security and other vendor partners to address unique technical challenges through comprehensive solutions while taking into account system/service uptime, reliability, and maintainability.
If you want to be a part of one of the BEST “to work for” companies in the world, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
- Focuses on site performance, site security, third party integrations, and the planning and discovery process as an integral member of a SRE team.
- Benchmarks and evolves strategy and approach for front end performance for large web commerce sites.
- Owns and evolves the performance aspects of the front-end architecture of our website, Android and iOS apps and contributes to the architectural roadmap.
- Collaborates with other solution architects, system architects, engineering, design, and product management teams to drive core programmatic design decisions and apply modern web frameworks on top of an existing highly scalable and flexible back end.
- Evangelizes best practices and guides team members in applying best front-end performance in a hands-on development environment.
- Delivers the product roadmap with the team as an individual contributor and fully owns the technical backlog for front end performance.
- Demonstrates our values of passion for world class web experience.
- Designs and executes system strategies that ensure the scalability and the elasticity of the web commerce infrastructure.
- Defines non-functional requirements for achieving and enhancing availability, performance, scalability, security and resiliency for a given set of products within a complex ecosystem,
- Evaluates the impact of code on performance, scalability and resiliency of the production infrastructure; provide advice and partner with development and operations teams to ensure production readiness and performance.
- Defines and monitors key Service Level Objectives and Indicators to ensure efficiency and reliability across all systems.
- Facilitates and conducts retrospectives and drives their implementation.
- Partners with software engineers and technology leadership to establish operational strategy and then deliver against those expectations.
- Provides expertise in zero downtime deployments, best incident management practices, and operational excellence.
- Implements and optimizes tooling for the Development and Ops teams to improve efficiency, velocity, and stability.
- Designs and implements solutions to evaluate and improve performance and scalability of systems, infrastructure, interfaces, applications and platforms.
- Architects solutions for micro services to do self-service performance and scalability evaluation.
- Leads root causes for performance and scalability issues and contributes to product code to alleviate these issues.
- Optimizes sizing of deployed component instances for cost optimization.
- Develops performance and scale test plans based on deep understanding of domain, architecture and product tech stack.
- Designs and implements relevant simulators to ingest large scale data.
- Designs, implements and maintains test frameworks.
- Supports extended teams in troubleshooting problems, such as system malfunctions.
- Provides feedback, proposes solutions and suggests improvements.
- Designs, codes, tests and delivers software to automate and realize the potential of self-healing architectures.
- Engages with Architects and Design Authorities across multiple areas to ensure end to end performance and scalability.
- Excellent understanding of Scalability processes and techniques.
- Scheduling flexibility to meet the needs of the business.
- 4+ years’ in an engineering and architectural role.
- 3+ years’ proven experience in software engineering, focusing on performance, scale.
- Significant experience in architecting and designing solutions that utilize software and client-side design best practices.
- Solid experience with React.js (AngularJS or similar ok), node.js, libraries (Underscore, etc.), design patterns, tools (Webpack, npm, etc.), cross-browser compatibility, unit testing, and performance optimization.
- Strong experience in managing performance engineering of web components, Android and iOS apps.
- Experience with implementing marketing pixels, tag management software, data collection best practices, and current industry standards for web and mobile apps.
- Experience in managing performance and integration of Digital Commerce environments, (especially, WebSphere Commerce with systems/services such as Payment gateways, Order Management, Content Management systems, User generated content, Google Analytics, Geo Location service, etc.).
- Experience with Cloud and on premise SRE Observability and Monitoring services and machine data technologies (Datadog, Dynatrace, Grafana, AppDynamics, Splunk, ITRS Geneos). Strong understanding of OS fundamentals (AIX/ Linux/ Windows).Proven expertise in solving OS level performance issues.
- Ability to discern performance impact across the full stack, including web and mobile front end, caching layers, CDN and memory, file system, and relational databases.
- Experience with RUM tools and synthetic testing.
- Ability to find the root cause of performance bottlenecks with profiling tools.
- Passionate to optimize the performance bottlenecks and improve the services.
- Experience in tackling problems of load, scale, and optimizations of sophisticated large-scale deployments.
- Experience in J2EE/WebSphere infrastructure architecture. (N-Tier architectures, high availability, scalability and performance).
- Experience in J2EE/WebSphere application architecture. (Design and development of software applications based on J2EE technologies and related best practices).
- Hands-on experience in administering high availability and high-performance environments, as well as managing large-scale deployments of traffic-heavy applications.
- A strong ability to design and execute cutting edge system testing strategies (smoke tests, performance/load tests, regression tests, capacity tests).
- Experience with Agile or Scrum processes.
- Possesses great communication and teamwork skills.
- Domain knowledge in e-commerce applications.
- Experience in HCL WebSphere Commerce is desired but not necessary.
- Experience with strategies for edge caching, SEO, Accessibility, Internationalization.
- Minimum educational level: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum experience: 5-7 years of experience in web technology with a successful history of launching highly effective projects for large web commerce sites.
Level 2: $110,000 – $145,000
Level 3: $135,000 – $175,000
Level 4: $160,000 – $205,000