We all know that the COVID-19 pandemic has fundamentally changed the way businesses, educational institutions, and candidates operate.
Trends previously always showed a shift towards online operations, but now have been extremely expedited within the past two years – one of those operations being employment.
Chameleon Technologies has had years of professional experience with staffing and has quickly adapted to this shift.
With that being said, here are five key tips to keep in mind if you are job hunting virtually.
- Before any interview or application, utilize LinkedIn. You should be keeping your profile up to date with experiences, skills, educational background, and more. Businesses see a different interface on LinkedIn, so having keywords and experiences will help you stand out in the system.
- LinkedIn also provides endless job opportunities. You can research positions available in your area, but also remote positions all over the world, seeing as businesses today are more open to allowing employees to work remotely.
- Once you land a virtual interview, make sure you continue to dress professionally. Now that employers can only see you on a tiny screen, everything on that screen should be intentional. This also means having a clear background or a professional green screen. You don’t want to take attention away from yourself and instead have them focused on your bedroom decor.
- With a virtual interview, many candidates utilize notes on the side. Be cautious of looking at your notes too much because it can be visually apparent to the employer. Perhaps keep virtual notes on another monitor if you really need them, but practicing how you’re going to answer questions beforehand will make the interview more seamless.
- Always ask questions at the end of your interview! Have a list of questions prepared and make sure that you follow-up after the interview as well.
Remember that there are endless opportunities as industries go online, so there’s no harm in applying to as many positions as possible. Be confident and good luck!